1415 NE 43rd St.
Thinking of joining the ISO? Join us for this 5-part introduction to revolutionary socialism and organizing with the ISO.
“Without revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement.”
— V.I. Lenin.
Session 1: Socialism and Workers’ Power
• Reading: p. 1-15 in the Where We Stand Packet
• Optional Reading: Chapters 3 and 6 of Meaning of Marxism
Session 2: Revolution and Internationalism
• Reading: p. 16-31 in the Where We Stand Packet
• Optional Reading: Chapter 7 of Meaning of Marxism
Session 3: Marxism and Oppression
• Reading: p. 32-34 in the Where We Stand Packet
• Reading: The Politics of Identity
• Reading: Why Solidarity Can Trump Hate
• Optional reading: Chapter 11 of Meaning of Marxism
Session 4: The Revolutionary Party
• Reading: p. 35-37 in the Where We Stand Packet
• Optional reading: Chapter 8 of Meaning of Marxism
Session 5: How the ISO is Organized & Questions about Joining
• Reading: Members’ Toolkit p. 2-10
• Bring any outstanding questions you would like addressed before joining